Brian K. Findley
Brian K. Findley is a trial lawyer for people harmed in personal injury, medical malpractice and class action matters. Brian is an accomplished litigator who was part of a team that achieved one of the largest wrongful death jury verdicts in California history. Another case recently earned Brian and his partner Jan one of the top 50 highest jury verdicts in California for 2018.
Brian’s honors include “Super Lawyer” designation by his peers and “Best of the Bar” designation by the San Diego Business Journal. Brian recently received an “Outstanding Trial Lawyer” award from the San Diego plaintiff’s bar for his tireless and effective trial advocacy. Brian trained at one of the most prestigious and selective trial skills schools in the country, the Trial Lawyers College in Wyoming, founded by legendary American trial lawyer Gerry Spence. Brian is a frequent speaker on legal issues to students, attorneys, consumers and members of the health care industry.
Brian attended college and law school largely on merit-based scholarships. In 2003, Brian graduated with a double major in Psychology and Philosophy from the University of Georgia. In 2007, he received his law degree, cum laude from Thomas Jefferson School of Law, where he served on the editorial board of the Law Review. Brian is admitted to practice law before all courts in the State of California and the United States District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California.
Brian believes in service to the community and the promotion of high ethical and practice standards.
Community and industry leadership positions:
- Board of Directors, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, 2016-present.
- Board of Directors, Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS), San Diego County Bar Association, 2018-present.
- Graduate, Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College, 2018.
- Bench-Bar Committee, San Diego County Bar Association, 2018-present.
- Editor, Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Newsletter, ABA-TIPS, 2017-present.
- Strategic Framework Working Group, San Diego County Bar Association, 2019-present.
- Chair-Elect, American Bar Association TIPS Medicine & Law Committee, 2019-present.
- Vice Chair, American Bar Association TIPS Standing Committee on Plaintiff’s Policy, 2017-present.
- Chair, Law & Medicine Section, San Diego County Bar Association, 2016-2017.
- President, Thomas Jefferson School of Law Alumni Association, 2018.
- Graduate, American Bar Association TIPS Leadership Academy, 2017
- Member, American Association for Justice, 2013-present.
- Barrister Alumnus, Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court.
- Findley, Brian K., Deposition Style Manual, Trial Bar News (December, 2016).
- Findley, Brian K., Using MICRA to the Plaintiff’s Advantage, Trial Bar News (March, 2018).
- Findley, Brian K., Friendly Fire: New Bill Aims to Fix 69-Year Bar to Medical Malpractice Lawsuits by Military, TortSource, a Publication of the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section of the American Bar Association (Summer, 2019).